You/Your refers to our clients, consumers and users of the Media Merchants website. We/Us/Our refers to THE JGF FAMILY TRUST, trading as Media Merchants.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is any information or an opinion about you that identifies you, or by which your identity can reasonably be ascertained whether it is true or not, or whether it is recorded in a material form or not.
The kinds of personal information we collect and store will depend on how you engage with us. It may include:
- Personal information you give us when you submit a job application or an enquiry with us, for example your name, telephone numbers and e-mail address; and other communications between you and us.
Why We Collect Personal Information
We collect your personal information so that we can use it for our functions and activities which include:
- Providing you with online communications, such as marketing activities;
- Confirming your identity when you contact us
- Addressing any feedback or complaints you may have;
- Customising our site and our communications to your experiences;
- To contact you periodically, telephone you and/or send you promotional emails or texts
- To update you about things we’re doing that you might find interesting; and
- Developing, improving and marketing our services and offerings
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information when you voluntarily provide it to us, for example:
- When you contact us via our website;
- When you register your details to receive online communications;
- When you update an online profile that includes personal information such as your name and contact details;
- When you use a third-party service provider (such as Facebook) to share your personal information with us.
Collection of Non-Personal Information
If you visit our website, some of the information we collect about your visit to our website is not personal information because it does not reveal your identity. Information of this nature can include:
Site visit information
- When you visit our website, we collect general information about your visit which may include your IP or MAC address, server address, the date and time of your visit, the pages you accessed, the information you downloaded and the type of Internet browser you used.
- We may use this information in anonymous, aggregated form, for statistical purposes only, to assist us in improving the quality and usability of our website.
- A cookie is a small string of information that a website transfers to your browser for identification purposes. When you browse the Media Merchants website, cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. The cookies we use may identify individual users.
- Cookies can either be “persistent” or “session” based. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer, contain an expiration date, and are mainly for the user’s convenience. Session cookies are short-lived and are held on your browser’s memory only for the duration of your session, they are used only during a browsing session, and expire when you quit your browser. We may use both session and persistent cookies. This information may be used to personalise your current visit to our website. Upon closing your browser, the session cookie is destroyed.
- Most Internet browsers can be set to accept or reject cookies. If you do not want to accept cookies, you can adjust your Internet browser to reject cookies or to notify you when they are being used. However, rejecting cookies may limit the functionality of our website.
- We use data provided by Google Analytics to help us understand the usage habits of our website users. Google Analytics doesn’t identify you personally or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google, third party platforms or cloud-based services.
Exchange of Personal Information with Third parties
We also share non-identifiable data with third parties including Facebook and Google.
Personal information we collect from you may be disclosed:
- To any entity to which we are required or authorised by or under law to disclose such information (for instance, Federal or State law enforcement agencies and investigative agencies, courts, various other Federal or State government bodies);
- To others that you have been informed of at the time any personal information is collected from you;
- To Media Merchants management, personnel and related entities;
- To our contractors (for example performance marketing providers); or
- With your consent (express or implied), to others.
If we use or disclose your personal information for a purpose (the “secondary purpose”) other than the main reason for which it was originally collected (the “primary purpose”), to the extent required by law, we will ensure that:
- The secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection (and directly related in the case of sensitive information), and you would reasonably expect that we would use or disclose your information in that way; or
- You have consented to the use or disclosure of your personal information for the secondary purpose; or
- The use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law; or
- The use or disclosure is otherwise permitted by law (for example, as a necessary part of an investigation of suspected unlawful activity).
We may also share non-personally identifiable visitor information with other third parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Whilst we endeavour to provide a secure online environment, there are inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the internet and no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. We can’t warrant the security of any information you provide to us over the internet and you provide us with this information at your own risk.
We encourage you to play an important role in keeping your personal information secure, by maintaining the confidentiality of any personal details used on our website, including any passwords you use to access our website. It is your sole responsibility to maintain such confidentiality and we will not be liable for any damage, loss or expense suffered due to such disclosure by you.
Our website may contain links to third party websites and social media features that are hosted by a third party. Links to other websites do not constitute sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the information found on those websites by Media Merchants and you should evaluate the accuracy, relevance and suitability of any such information for your purposes. We are not responsible for privacy policies or practices of any third-party websites and your interactions with any social media features are governed by the privacy policies and practices of the entities who host those sites.
Media Merchants does not sell, trade, or transfer your personally identifiable information to outside parties.
Questions or Complaints
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website
If you have any complaints in relation to the handling or use of your personal information, we ask that you please contact us. If your complaint is not satisfactorily managed, you have the right to take your complaint to the Information Commissioner. More information about the Information Commissioner can be found here: https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints/
To contact us about how your personal information is handled, update your personal information details, or for any concerns you may have on our approach to privacy please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org